Monday 24 February 2014

Helping Hands: Local Care Service Manager Clare Turner



I am the local care service manager for East Anglia and while I don’t currently have a customer with a spinal injury, this time last year my fiancé broke C7 which as you know is in the neck and was paralyzed for 2 weeks. 


Following surgery to remove it, and replace it with a steel scaffold and screws it has been a long road of physio and support from Addenbrooks hospital and Stoke Mandeville spinal unit as an outpatient. Despite working in health and social care for 25 yrs, being a relative of someone who is told they have a 50/50 chance of never walking again is a heart stopping moment in time. He was lucky and has made a good recovery but it has given me a very different outlook on life and also the work I do at Helping Hands.




For more information please call 0808 180 1553.


No comments:

Post a Comment